Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jojo's Bread

I love this recipe from Jojo. It's simple and fast. I have the smaller Kitchen-Aid, so I just make half of this recipe which yields 2 loaves.

Mix on low in Kitchen-Aid:
5 c. hot water
1 c. honey
5+ c. wheat flour

Add as mixing:
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. salt
2 heaping Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. oil

Optional ingredients:
1/3 c. dough enhancer
1/2 c. gluten
1/3 c. dry milk

Last add:
6-9 c. wheat flour

Mix for 6 minutes on high. Pour a few tablespoons of oil on counter-top. Take dough out of mixer and using the oil, form into 3 or 4 loaves. Place in sprayed pans. Let raise until doubled. Bake @ 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool on cooling rack. Can slice with electric knife and freeze.

1 comment:

Crystalin Dunn said...

Holy Moly Kandace! I just came to get a punch recipe(I think it's been a year since I last came on) and was blown away by all of your amazing recipes! That pumpkin orange cake sounds positively scrumptious, and you know I am SOOOO GLAD you posted Jojo's bread recipe. Thank you so much for sharing some of your fantastic recipes!