Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tortilla Soup

1-2 Boxes of Chicken Broth (depends how many you want to serve and how much broth you want)
1/2 Head of cabbage chopped
1/2 Large onion chopped
Chopped carrots (or baby carrots)
Chopped celery
1 Can of garbanzo beans
1 Can tomatoes (I like to cut them into halves, but its optional)
Lemon juice to taste
Cilantro
2 chicken breasts cubed
Top with tortilla chips, grated cheese, cut up avacado (optional)
*Optional-chop the rest of your onion with cilantro to put in your soup fresh...it tastes so much better to add the fresh onion and cilantro at the end! I just put mine in my miniature food chopper together.

Boil all the ingredients together until the carrots are soft. You can cook your chicken before, or you can have it cook in the soup, OR-you can add canned chicken.

Sorry I don't know all the measurements for the carrots and everything, I just eyeball it and add as much as I like! Hope some of you try it, my husband LOVES it and makes for good leftovers!

2 comments:

Crystalin Dunn said...

This sounds so delicious and healthy!

prRiggs said...

Delicious! Thanks for sharing.